Thursday 8 September 2016

DJ Ridym - Rare Soul Mix 1



It brings me great pleasure to introduce the very 1st of my rare groove compilation's RARE SOUL MIX bringing you some of my own personal favorites to introduce the series. Each one a gem in it's own right but carefully selected together into one mix really does make it something special.

Like the stunning vocals of Clarice Taylor on James Mason's Funny Girl taking you on her journey as she's whisked away from the doldrums to somewhere more enchanting and with the promise of love and more to come.

I always say 'Strings bring the drama' and none more so than Freda Payne's - Tell Me and Millie Jackson's - Rising Cost of Love. Brief Encounter's - Human has the ladies pointing to the ceiling saying 'oooo that's my jam right there!'

I sign off the whole bloody affair with a Leroy Hutson (who else?!) big production 2-step classic.

Up next: DJ Grizz and SoulNRnB until then Jah Bless, Love and Guide you all!

1. Prince - My Love Is Forever
2. Phil Upchurch - When And If I Fall In Love
3. Rasa - When Will The Day Come
4. Willie Hutch - I Like Everything About You
5. Brief Encounter - Human
6. Freedom Express - Fancy Free
7. James Mason - Funny Girl
8. Freda Payne - Tell Me Please
9. Millie Jackson - Rising Cost Of Love
10. Nancy Wilson - Let's Hold On To Love
11. Leroy Hutson - So Much Love



 

No comments: